Skip to main content

Introductions...

Hi, I'm Charlotte! 

Firstly thank you for choosing to read my ramblings and hopefully trying my recipes! 
I cannot take all the credit for the food published of course. I take cookery inspiration from everywhere I visit and every meal I try and obsess over recipes from amazing cooks such as Nigella and Gizzie Erksine. To be honest I think about food from the moment I wake up, to the moment I go to sleep (and I often even dream of meals I have eaten haha!). 

I am not a professional chef by no means. I'll never win awards or competitions for my food presentation, however, I can safely say my passion is cooking for my family & friends and enjoying the food I make! Hearing that people enjoy my food, or have tried something I've recommended honestly makes my day. 

By day, I'm a managing director of a software consultancy and a mum to a nearly 4-year-old and wife to my husband Chris. 

Please feel free to comment on my pictures with any questions you may have and I'll do my best to help! 

Enjoy! 

Charlotte xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gong hei fat choy! Sichuan Style Wonton in Chilli oil

 Following on from the Chinese takeaway style soup in my previous post, here's another dish for Chinese New Year! These are Sichuan style Wonton dressed in chilli oil (I also shoved some mini scallops in too for an extra celebratory feel!). Whilst this dish doesn't take long to cook, the prep is time-consuming and fiddly so it definitely feels like it should be for a special occasion.  I used pre-made Wonton wrappers from my local Oriental Supermarket and a prepared Chilli oil, however, if you're feeling really extra you can make your own. Personally, I don't feel the effort of homemade Wonton wrappers is worth it, these are super cheap and can be found in the frozen section usually. If you REALLY want to cheat- you can buy some pre-made wonton and just make the sauce yourself. ZERO judgement from me!  Feel free to use whatever you like in the filling however it is traditional to use Pork, but for non-pork eaters, you can sub for chicken mince, Shrimp mince or beef minc...

Are you even in Lockdown unless you make fresh Pasta?

With the UK going nuts for bog roll and baking ingredients - I imagine it is easier to get class A drugs than a bag of strong white flour at the moment! With that in mind, I'd normally recommend 00 flour for pasta, however, whatever you have will do as long as it's not self-raising!  Like a lot of people, I went through a range of emotions when social distancing measures where imposed- especially when they closed schools and nurseries! I had positive days where I did home workouts and yoga in the garden listening to the bird song. I also had days where I cried and felt intense guilt for having to go to the supermarket to get milk and a relentless sense of impending doom.  I think this dish was the catalyst that reignited my love of cooking (I didn't realise that it had gone until I made this) and actually gave me something to focus my mind.  The best thing about this dish is that you don't need to own a pasta machine that will just sit in a cupboard gatheri...

Chicken Katsu Curry

This dish has probably been the most requested recipe from any of my friends or family who has tasted it. I can't explain how delicious this is! Whilst it has quite a few processes involved, I promise you it is worth the washing up!  Chicken Katsu Curry with Sticky sushi rice is one of the all-time favourite Japanese dishes here in the UK. What's not to love? Crispy fried chicken, Spicy but sweet curry sauce and sticky rice? YUM! Traditionally the chicken would be coated in Panko breadcrumbs and deep-fried, delicious but calorie-dense and not so great for the old arteries. This version is much healthier saving a lot of calories and better for your ticker too.  I will split this recipe up into 2 components making it a bit easier to follow- Serves 2 I haven't added the rice here, because of it being complete preference as to how you want to serve this. I often serve with a microwave bag of Thai Jasmine rice or Basmati just for ease. However, if you do want to cook rice, make ...